- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldICT / Computer
To ensure effective and efficient management and support of Oracle Databases and other Oracle related applications. This also entails analysing, documenting and proposing solutions for bank wide business areas and preparation of both functional and technical database system specifications (FSS and TSS) documents. Focus on database system optimization through analysis and development with respect to the database systems in order to ensure that desired functionality and performance is achieved as required by business. The role is also charged with designing and development of appropriate solutions as required by business to advance tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure availability and performance of the production and test databases that support the core banking application.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the production nand test databases that support the core banking application.
- Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the database and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Responsible for the management and support of Oracle Dataguard solution with a view of ensuring a consistently efficient backup process which ultimately aids IT efforts of meeting the established Service Level Agreements (SLA) with business.
- Responsible for a problem escalation to third parties as appropriate
- Monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimal downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis (including capacity and utilisation analysis) to the service management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Support and maintenance of the production and test databases according to group standards
- Responsible for all oracle developments that are aimed at ensuring efficient management and use of the databases and ultimately aid all the application initiatives.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for testing all Oracle database changes including fixes, patches and upgrades in line with laid down change control policies.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes after thorough and comprehensive tests with sufficient engagement with all stakeholders e.g. application and infrastructure teas.
- Planning and budgeting for the purchase of new hardware and software licenses (IT Strategy, end of life, out of warranty)
- Ensure compliance on licensing for Oracle databases through periodic review (half-yearly), proactive resolution of license compliance exposures and to adequately prepare for software maintenance renewals
- Come up with business continuity management related strategies for Oracle databases to enable the oracle database related services to be available within agreed RTO/RPO
- Infrastructure capacity planning for future business projected growth
- Optimisation of the existing infrastructure to achieve optimal performance
- Participate in IT/Business projects implementation as assigned.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Sciences or equivalent
- At least 7 years’ experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required. Proficiency in Oracle versions 10g, 11g and 12c, Oracle cloud control and Oracle ASM.
- Must have knowledge of the bank’s core systems
- Technically competent with knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods and infrastructure.
- Other qualifications, certifications or professional memberships: Oracle certified professional
- Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures and SQL
- Preferred other qualifications, certifications or professional memberships Business Continuity certification and ITIL will be an added advantage
Method of Application Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic Bank on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply