MIllar Cameron is a leading recruitment consultancy who provide recruitment talent solutions to the Food Value Chain, Agricultural, Logistics, Real Estate and Finance sectors in developing geographies with a particular emphasis on Africa. Headquartered in Oxford with an office in London, our team of consultants and researchers source personnel for projects and operations. We are presently investigating opening offices in Africa however already work with numerous talent associates within the region.
Millar Cameron is regarding as one of the leading recruitment companies focusing on the African market and is the leading recruiter for international farming projects. We assist our numerous clients through the provision of professional,loyal and dynamic professionals. Our disciplined recruitment ensures that the right people are found irrespective of the challenge. Millar Cameron is an active component to addressing key global issues such as Food Security.
Hatch Technologies is a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive distribution and support services for high quality medical devices designed for newborn care units throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
Their mission is to transform the way newborn care devices are distributed, supported and used in order to reduce neonatal mortality in Africa. Hatch is backed by well-regarded foundations, academic institutions and private sector.
Millar Cameron is the global leader in International Development recruitment in Africa. We are currently supporting Hatch in their search for an Executive Director.
The Executive Director will be responsible for establishing the business in Africa, starting the HQ in Kenya and the 3 other operating countries (Malawi, Tanzania and Nigeria) ultimately expanding across the sub-Saharan African region.
The individual’s responsibilities include:
- Establishing the Hatch Technology business across initial target countries
- Developing a business strategy looking at ways to capture market share, build routes in markets along with the board and key stakeholders
- Hiring a high-calibre team to implement the strategy throughout the region, starting with priority hires
- Setting up market leading sales activities and distribution channels and ensuring after sales service is maximising the use of the products
- Coordinating with local partners to ensure good route to market
- To Proactively build strong relationships with customers, shareholders, governments, community groups and investee representatives
- Leveraging partnerships to secure future funding opportunities
- Building a strong business model that would run autonomously in an agreed timeframe
- Regular travel to operating and potential countries
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A clear passion for development impact and the business mission, and the ability to communicate this with external and internal stakeholders
- 15+ years of experience in a relevant field of which 5+ years of experience in an executive position
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain etc.), Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience or exposure to the healthcare, medical or humanitarian industry
- Experience in managing distribution channels and establishing new client bases in multiple countries
- The ability to successfully build, develop and lead a high-calibre team
- The ability to deliver excellent results in a start-up environment
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 July, 2020