- Company: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Food and Beverage Manager
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager, the Food and Beverage Manager will contribute to and support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our Food & Beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. He or she will drive the top line of the Food & Beverage Department at Villa Rosa Kempinski Hotel while ensuring sustainable and profitable operations. He or she will ensure all rules & regulations are strictly established and adhered to within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP, ensure sales are driven to the department’s full potential and budgets and forecasts are adhered to, all costs are in line with sales without compromising quality, The department is driven in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times, Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and shared with other hotels via corporate office and ensure internal talents are grown to ensure a smooth transition in case of promotions and transfers.
He or she will support and implement new Talent Development initiatives, Identify internal and external talents that promote Kempinski’s beautiful performance, support career development by training, cross exposure, task force assignments and transfers, grow talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls, conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s minimum for middle management, providing feedback on their job performance and ensure that a succession plan is in place to guarantee a seamless, efficient handover for all management positions
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food & beverage products and services.
- Prepare/consolidate the yearly budget for the department in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- Prepare the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, hold the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef.
- Conduct daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Take the necessary disciplinary actions, when needed, in accordance with local legislations.
- Ensure all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Source the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Handle guest complaints in prompt and courteous manner.
- Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
- Prepare a yearly marketing plan for the department in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis and a revision of global trends.
- Conduct the competitor analysis through on-site inspections to assess the local food & beverage offering including both hotel outlets and stand-alone restaurants.
- Analyse the global trends by reviewing print and web based media and attend local/regional trade shows and gastranomic events.
- Maintain an active relationship with the hotel’s PR Manager in regards to hotel’s Food & Beverage outlets and events.
- Ensure that all Outlet Managers are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their product and service meet the demands.
- Coordinate with the Chef to ensure that employees are educated and aware of seasonal and new products on the market.
- Develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with the trainers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that each Outlet Manager plans and implements effective outlet specific training programs.
- Assume Executive duties as assigned by the General Manager in accordance with the hotel’s duty manager roster.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Act as the main point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Ensure that all outlet concepts are followed and that alterations or reviews of concepts are brought to the attention of the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events.
- Provide support for the Corporate Food & Beverage Team as requested in accordance with the hotel-corporate agreement.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from a hospitality training institution or MBA.
- Minimum 7-8 years in F&B management role.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a 5* hotel, preferably experience in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation.
- English – excellent oral and written skills. Additional Language will be beneficial
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- Leader, Team player and Sense of Responsibility
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences.
Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 19 June, 2020