Front End Engineer Job Lipa Later
Position: Front End Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers.The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will nor only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders.As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix and behavioral scoring. By Joining our tech team, you will have the opportunity to build out systems and tackle complex problems that few organizations in Kenya, and indeed Africa are working on.
By Joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented engineers who have built software that goes beyond borders, and across different sectors, ranging from agriculture to machine learning
- Writing core code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and the senior software engineer
- Build and maintain features that move our business forward
- Strong understanding of Ruby on Rails and how it works.
- Having shipped a Ruby on Rails application before.
- 2+ Years of Software Engineering experience.
- Understanding of the following concepts: MVC, RESTful APIs, ORM.
- Experience with testing frameworks and site monitoring tools.
- Experience with Git and Git-based workflows.Experience working with Redis and Sidekiq
How To Apply
If interested, kindly send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘’Front End Engineer Application’’