- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Organizational unit: Media and Communications Unit
Reporting directly to: Regional Public Information Officer
Overall supervision by: Regional Director
Managerial responsibility: None
CFA No. IOMRONBO/CFA/007/2020
Directly reporting staff: None
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 173 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society.
Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- 1. Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- 2. Advance understanding of migration issues
- 3. Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Produce quality visibility material for RO Nairobi
- Produce graphs, charts, illustrative maps, diagrams, icons, and graphics aligned with visual identity charts and elements;
- Layout reports, info sheets and other publication materials;
- Assist in design and implementation of templates such as brochures, event materials, info sheets, presentations and situation report and convert them to other publishing software (Publisher, Word);
- 5. Contribute to web and social media content development, internally and externally;
- 6. Assist in developing web design mock-ups for internal and external platforms;
- 7. Prepare “ready for production” files in line with print and web best practices;
- 8. Perform other duties as may be required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioral competencies
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences
- Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgement in meeting day-to-day challenges
Integrity & transparency
- Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
Managing & sharing knowledge
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with stakeholders and colleagues
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or specialized college diploma (MPA) in graphic design;
- One (1) year of working experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative software (Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop);
- Proficiency in MS Office Publisher, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French required, both written and spoken.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Swahili and other African languages spoken in the region beneficia
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 9th June 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training).
IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.