Group Chemical Segment Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Davis & Shirtliff, the leading provider of water and energy related equipment in the region, has a vacancy for a Group Chemical Segment Manager to expand its growing consumer and industrial chemical business especially related to the water industry. Reporting to the Technical Director/Group Water Treatment Manager and leading a team of engineers and technicians, principal responsibilities will be to develop the product portfolio, establish customer relationships, grow revenues and generally increase the Group’s chemical activity expertise levels through training and support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive Group Chemical segment revenue and volume growth.
- Group responsibility for Chemicals products and solutions.
- Develop the chemical product portfolio.
- Overall responsibility for a Chemicals Blending Facility.
- Overall responsibility for a Water Testing Laboratory.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Prepare tenders, sales proposals and expressions of interest.
- Manage Group chemical products training programme.
- Develop and implement suitable marketing campaigns.
- Organise and conduct customer events.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry. A Management qualification would be of advantage.
- 10 years’ industry experience in the formulation, selection and marketing of water treatment and waste water chemicals, though suitably qualified
- applicants with less experience will be considered.
- Proven sales track record and desire to succeed in a sales environment.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Results-oriented, self-starter, with integrity and passionate about customer service.
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational and management skills.
This is a senior appointment and the selected applicant will drive the D&S Group’s ambitious chemical business strategy. Remuneration and terms will reflect the importance of the role.
Interested applicants meeting these requirement should apply for the role by Friday, 19th June 2020.
Method of Application Interested and qualified? Go to Davis & Shirtliff Group on www.davisandshirtliff.com to apply