- Company: VSO
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty.
We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.Role overview Responsible for all aspects of ICS project planning, implementation and learning.Manage and support volunteer development, partner relationships and represents VSO at a local level.Skills, qualifications and experience Project management
• Proven experience in delivering and reporting on projects to time and budget.Community development
• Experience facilitating development projects at a local, community level.Youth work
• Experience of working with young people from diverse backgrounds.
• Proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment.Cross-cultural working
• Direct experience of working with other cultures and nationalities.Supervision and support
• Supervisory experience with good coaching skills.Duty of care
• Experience of assessing potential safeguarding, security and health risks and putting in place mitigating actions.Communication
• Strong skills in diplomacy and negotiation.
• Experience of communicating effectively with wide range of stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.Out of hours working
• The post holder will be required to hold the emergency phone outside of normal working hours.Competencies and Behaviour At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge Equal Opportunities
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.Applicants are advised that VSO does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 18 June, 2020