Salary Scale: Ksh. 37,070 – Ksh. 49, 950 P.M. (CSG 10)
House Allowance: Ksh.7,500 – 16,500 (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.5, 000
Leave Allowance: Ksh.6, 000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
- For appointment to this grade a candidate must have a degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science/ Information Communication Technology or in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a university recognized in Kenya.
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer. Specific duties and responsibilities include: –
- installation and maintenance of computer systems;
- configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network;
- design and programme specifications in liaison with users;
- carrying out repairs and maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- drawing up hardware specifications for Information Communication Technology equipment;
- verification, validation and certification of Information Communication Technology equipment; and
- overseeing the process of configuration of new Information Communication Technology equipment
How To Apply
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 6th July 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).