The National Communications Secretariat (hereafter, the Secretariat), was established through the Kenya Information and Communications Act 1998.
The purpose of the role is to supervise and ensure efficient coordination and control of operations in the Secretariat by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes in line with relevant Acts, Regulations and Policies
- Coordinate and control audit programs and activities in the
- Supervise follow up of raised audit issues with management for action of audit recommendations
- Ensure Secretariat assets are safe guarded and properly utilized
- Prepare Internal Audit Annual Work Plan and monitor its implementation
- Determine adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems
- Liaise with external auditors on statutory audits
- Carry out investigations on irregularities identified or reported in audit reports
- Supervise and review financial records of the Secretariat to ensure they are in compliance with the relevant ac- counting principles
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting or a related field from an institution recognized in K
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from an institution recognized in K
- Eight (8) cumulative years of relevant experience at senior level
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Member of a relevant professional body g. ICPAK, ACCA, IIA, ISACA.
- Knowledge of The Public Finance Management Act and
In addition, any of the below would be an added advantage:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
DURATION: THREE YEARS (PERFORMANCE BASED RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30TH JUNE 2020
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the below requirements can email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to:
- Applications must include a cover letter stating how the applicant meets required specifications and a detailed CV including work experience and three professional referees with complete and current contact information.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit the following among other documents; Police Clearance Certificate, from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
- NCS values diversity therefore Special Interest Groups including youth, women, Persons with Disability (PWD) and Minority & Marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Website: www.ncs.go.ke
- Twitter: @ncs_kenya
National Communications Secretariat
PO. Box 10756 – 00100
NAIROBI TRANSCOM House
9TH Floor –Room 14