Oilfield Movers Limited (“OML” or the “Company”) is a privately-held, limited liability company with headquarters in Nairobi. The Company was founded in October 2012 by directors: James Mbote, Mwendia Nyaga and Fred Mbote with a goal to address gaps in the quality of logistics operations and service provision for the upstream oil and gas industry in the Eastern Africa Region.
Responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer and IT systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing and IT needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing the IT strategic plan in liaison with Management
- Systems Security – Ensure controls are in place for company information access and infrastructure
- Oversee the development and installation of DATA networking in the company
- Monitor and diagnose webmail, outlook and internet challenges
- Database management and software development
- Computer programming and support in information systems audit
- Provide a viable technical drive in using collaborative technologies
- Computer services including defragmentation and anti-virus installation
- Monitoring the company’s IVMS – In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems
- Carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions
- Training – Ensure users have trained accordingly on company IT systems
- Communications Infrastructure – Ensure optimal network connectivity and communications systems uptime
- Ensure all work is performed within the requirements and guidance of the company BMS process.
- Costing cutting implementation.
- Actively attend pre-tour meetings to discuss daily objectives, special instructions, safety precautions and training activities as required.
- Supporting, promoting and actively participating in the Company’s CAP (Competency Assurance Program) process.
- Propagate best ICT integrity practices.
- Handling the ISO 9001: 2015 ICT policies and procedures
Qualifications and skills for the job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, information Technology or other closely related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years Experience in a reputable company with dynamic IT infrastructure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to network and establish effective working relationships across the organisation
- Demonstrate creativity and innovative skills. Proactive and with a sense of urgency
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 July, 2020