Position: IT Project Assistant
Mandated to oversee and maintain all aspects of a company’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems. IT Administrators manage the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a company’s network. IT Administrators might also monitor the use of email, create and change passwords, make suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data and perform data recovery if needed. The incumbent will also be required to make sales and train staff on the software.
- Efficient systems design that allow all components in the network to work properly together.
- Train staff on new software or project
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and identify user needs
- Proactively advise on future upgrades of hardware and networks
- Monitor system’s performance and liaison with ISP to determine optimal solutions that are most cost effective to the
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security and store systems configurations
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as
- Perform regular file archival and purge as
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with affected users
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure or add new services as
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Meeting the set targets for the software sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, information Technology or other closely related disciplines is an added advantage
- Certifications in A+, N+, MCSE, would be highly recommended
- Good communication and interpersonal
- Ability to network and establish effective working relationships across the
- Team player
- Minimum of 1 year Experience in a reputable company with similar
- Demonstrate creativity and innovative skills. Proactive and with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate ability to constantly keep abreast with research in IT, keen on IT conferences and inquisitive on new ideas and ultimate
- Hands on the job and ability to perform tasks with no
How To Apply
Mr. Green Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.