The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian and development network, with millions of volunteers in 190 member National Societies. We are guided by Strategy 2020 – our collective plan of action to tackle the major humanitarian and development challenges of the present decade
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not applicable
The logistics Officer will be responsible, under the direction and guidance of the COVID-19 Logistics Delegate, for supporting the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting the logistical and supply chain management aspects of all programmes relating to the IFRC-supported COVID-19 response operations and ensuring that all logistics tasks are in compliance with the IFRC standards and procedures. The role will also support the OLPSCM team on coordination and cooperation with other actors involved in the COVID-19 operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Have regular contacts with appointed Africa Region National Societies’ logistic and procurement focal points and support them in planning based on a constantly evolving situation.
- Provide regular information for the information bulletin for each country and for Africa Region separately.
- Support the preparation of timely monthly reports detailing specifics according to the needs and distributing them to the Operational LPSCM and to Geneva Surge team.
- Support in the production of regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for IFRC and donors.
- Work closely with LPSCM and technical focal points to ensure standardised and technical compliance of goods.
- Support the mobilisation of COVID-19 goods ensuring the most efficient supply chain is applied.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with service users, using standard tools and practices.
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant stakeholders regarding the delivery of supplies, and keep all parties informed, in a timely manner, of any changes.
- File and archive all logistics documents in a systematic manner.
- Support the coordination and communications with IFRC ARO CCSTs/COs and COVID-19 operations team to ensure logistics, supply chain and procurement related compliance of the emergency operation across all Africa Region National Societies.
- Update the OPLSCM team on regular basis.
- Support the planning and mobilisation of IFRC resources in support of the assessment, planning, and implementation of procurement of goods at a scale for the emergency response.
- Produce regular, timely and accurate stock, narrative and financial reports for the IFRC.
- Ensure all activities within assigned role comply with IFRC guidelines and policies (SPHERE, Code of Conduct, Principles and Rules for Disaster Relief, Fraud and Corruption Prevention and Control Policy, etc.).
- Ensure the dissemination of IFRC’s Fraud and Corruption Prevention and Control Policy to all suppliers/service providers who engage with the CCST and COs.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by your line manager which are within reasonable consideration.
- Relevant university education or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in general logistics, including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement
- Experience of working within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- A good understanding of Africa regional context
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting
- Experience of coaching/skill transfer/ training, and staff development
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Strong project management, communication and networking skills
- Strong report writing skills – fluent written English
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and new approaches to engaging partners.
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment
- Proficient in computer literacy (use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Teams)
- Proficient in collaborative and cooperative approaches in teamwork
Competencies and values
- Commitment to the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement
- integrity & personal conduct
- Sensitivity to diversity
- flexibility & adaptability
- Solution focused
- Interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Closing Date : 3 July, 2020