- Company: Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The AECF provides catalytic funding in the form of repayable and non-repayable grants to businesses that would not otherwise have access to adequate financing. The AECF is part of the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) family and has been supported by governments (Australia, Canada, Denmark, The Netherlands, Sweden and United Kingdom)
AECF has an exciting opportunity for the role of a Portfolio Officer – Micro Finance Specialization.
The Portfolio Officer will be responsible for providing broad – based technical and portfolio management of the AECF portfolio of projects that will have Micro-Finance components in funding
- Conduct project site visits on a periodic basis to ensure that: project implementation is on track; performance targets are being met; progress reporting is timely and accurate; and project funds are utilized in an appropriate and transparent manner.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to support investees implement their planned activities, the M&E and reporting systems.
- In collaboration with the Programme Manager, establish high standards of credit analysis and ensure adherence to the same at all times.
- Conduct risk profiles of various business sectors to act as guidance in assessments of related credit applications and continuously gathering market intelligence in the microfinance sector.
- Ensure lending policies and procedures, including sector concentration limits are adhered to. Ensure timely disbursement of approved funds to investees.
- Contribute to identification of investees who require technical assistance and arrange to deliver services based on the AECF technical assistance and learning service delivery framework.
- Work with the Programme Manager to recover outstanding revolving loans funds as due from investees.
- Receive, acknowledge and log in all reports ensuring they are reviewed and subsequent actions i.e. payments, extensions/amendments and closures are handled in a timely manner.
- Maintain a revolving funds ageing analysis, schedule and follow up with the investees on recoverability of outstanding revolving funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Development Studies,
- Economics, or other relevant field of study.
· Professional certification in micro finance, CPA, banking or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the microfinance/banking sector, financial and
- management with bias in Credit Analysis or similar analytical role in Micro and SME
- environment alongside familiarity with group-based lending models.
- A good understanding of gender, rural and/or financial services markets in Kenya.
- An understanding of the operations of donors and international development
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong people management and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong in relating and meeting Customer expectations
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AECF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Method of Application
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Portfolio Officer – Micro Finance Specialization AECF/POMFS/2020” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts.
Kindly note that the call for applications will remain open until the position is filled. Address your application to: email@example.com. to be received on or before June 18 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.