- Company: Islamic Relief
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation that provides development programs and humanitarian relief around the globe, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief.
- The Procurement Assistant will be reporting to the Procurement Officer and will performs the following tasks among others:
- Proper management of all procurement related activities carried out by the organization in Garissa field office.
- Support Implementation of procurement management policies and strategies.
- Timely development, coordination and implementation of procurement plans and procurement activities arising from the organization operations.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services.
- Assist the Associate Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals.
- Preparation of reports on the organization procurement activities.
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official IRK meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required.
- Prepare and submit (weekly or monthly) reports on PRs raised, RFQs sent out, invoices received and items received/dispatched
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Submit complete trail of procurement documents to finance for payment using the payment register
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Carrying out of any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- In charge of fleet management – Ensure all the office Cars are serviced and are in good condition.
- Degree in Business management or related field. Procurement / Logistics
- At least 3 years’ experience on supply chain management in International NGO set-up
- Demonstrated experience in Procurement management
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM)
- Good working knowledge of government procurement and disposal procedures and laws particularly the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and Regulations, 2006.
- Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel).
- Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Flexible and patient.
- Conceptual understanding of participatory approach
- Fluent in Written and spoken English.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal, public relations and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage staff and provide good leadership.
- Demonstrable exposure to a computerized working environment and basic ICT literacy and strong proficiency in the use of office computer applications.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Team player
- Prudent in resource use and management
- Records Management skills
Method of Application
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th June 2020.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis