The genesis of Gulf African Bank (GAB) can be traced back to 2005, when a group of motivated Kenyans envisioned establishing an Islamic bank as an alternative to conventional banking in the country.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Procurement & Administration
Job Purpose: Responsible for efficient and effective procurement of goods, works and services essential for the Bank’s operations.
- Enforce procurement compliance as per policy and the bank’s guidelines.
- Device and implement effective sourcing strategies to discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Implement Spend Cost reduction and control measures (reported savings, value adds, new initiatives etc).
- Ensure efficiency in the end-to-end procurement process: PR to RFQ to Summary Analysis to User Approval to PO issuance to Delivery & Acceptance and Supplier payments.
- Lead the supplier appraisal, selection and onboarding process.
- Effectively collaborate with demand owners/users for clarity and early influencing of specifications to meet the Bank’s objectives.
- Participate in the end to end tenders and asset disposal management processes.
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the highest value for money and most advantageous terms for the Bank, both commercial and non-commercial aspects.
- Monitor, re-evaluate and coordinate renewal of existing contracts in line with performance metrics.
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation and liaise with Users to close identified gaps.
- Maintain an accurate and updated procurement database together with all related procurement transaction documentations.
- Track and report periodic key performance metrics, dashboards and procurement reports to improve effectiveness
- Conduct market intelligence for supply market awareness and related trends in order to assess the present and future item category availability, prices and related supply chain risks.
- Provide other critical services such as administration requirements.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities) Qualifications
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement / or a Business related area from a recognized University
Must have qualifications from CIPS (UK)
Must be a valid member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
‘O’ level minimum grade of B+
Computer Literate (MS Office Suite)
Job Profile- Procurement Officer
- Minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in procurement, preferably within the corporate sector.
- Proven experience in working with ERP systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Personal Attributes, Knowledge & Skills Required
- Integrity driven person
- Excellent Interpersonal Relations with internal and external customers
- Commercial awareness & Good Analytical/ Quantitative Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Planning & Organisational skills
- Accuracy with attention to details
- Leadership & team player abilities
Method of Application
Closing Date : 24th June, 2020