Mission Statement: “Tenwek Hospital is a Christian community committed to excellence in compassionate healthcare, spiritual ministry, and training for service to the glory of God.”
Job Ref: 02/06/2020: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the Procurement Officer is responsible for ensuring timely procurement of goods, services and works; assist in developing and implementing policies, and administrative systems in line with budgetary allocations in the Hospital for all functions.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the right candidate will be required to:
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the Institution.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Liaising with the stock management office to ensure that procurement of needed items is done and delivered in time.
- Ensuring correct specifications from users, and proper requisition authorization
- Receive requisitions for services needed by different units, sections, departments and the hospital in general, that are required for running it.
- Ensure use of updated list of pre-qualified suppliers or contractors to supply and provide various services to the hospital.
- Receive feedback from hospitalservices end users and respond accordingly in the hospital.
- Prepare and respond to service lender concerns through phone, mail or other appropriate media.
- Carry out market surveys and research to inform continuous improvement of services lent the hospital.
- Manage data of all records of hospital services rendered including their costs, deliveries and inventories in the hospital.
- Prepare all relevant documents and forward them to accounts to facilitate payments to service lent by renderers for timely service delivery in the hospital.
- Raise services receipt vouchers to support verification of invoice sent by service providers to ensure payments for only what has been provided to the hospital.
- Monitor and ensure that services provided to the hospital by service lenders are sufficient and up to the required specifications and standards in the hospital
- Any other duty given from time to time
Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management from a recognized University;
- Must be a member of a recognized professional procurement body (KISM)
- Must be a licensed practitioner
- Experience in ERP software
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Knowledge of contract law is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of e-procurement systems
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Born again Christian
- At least Five (5) years’ experience as a Procurement Officer in a reputable organization
Method of Application
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact number and addresses of three professional referees to: email@example.com by 30th June, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted