The National Treasury derives its mandate from the Constitution 2010, the Public Management Act 2012 and the Executive Order No.2/2013. The core functions of the National Treasury as derived from the above legal provisions include; Formulate, implement and monitor macro-economic policies involving expenditure and revenue;
Ref: Fllcoa/Piu/Pmcg 2019-20 -1 Post
The main objective of the assignment is to provide program support to the Program Coordinator in the implementation of the FLLCoA Program. The Program Manager consults with the Program Coordinator on all the day to day as well as long term administrative and budgetary decisions regarding program implementation and the overall management of the PIU and program activities.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in ensuring overall coordination of the program and the timely execution of the procurement and work
- Assist the Program Coordinator in establishing effective coordination between and proactive participation of Program Beneficiaries and for maintaining direct coordination and supervision relationships between the PIU, the Government, and consultants regarding the implementation of the Program’s work
- Coordinate and supervise administrative, technical and communication activities necessary for the success- ful program preparation and
- Coordinate and work with the program Coordinator in the preparation of progress and financial reports for submission to the World Bank and the
- Assist the Program Coordinator in monitoring the performance of the program
- Assist in coordinating and participate in meetings with beneficiary agencies, government officials, devel- opment partners and stakeholders to articulate and disseminate the Program objectives and implementa- tion
- Assist in coordinating the training activities for the PIU staff and the beneficiary
- Contribute to the preparation of Terms of Reference, Requests for Proposals and contract documents for technical assistance to beneficiary agencies and the preparation of technical specifications for the procure- ment of goods and
- Provide support in the technical assessment of bids for the supply of services and equipment and evalua- tion of proposals for consultancy services for the beneficiary
- Work closely with the line Program Managers, Procurement Specialist, M & E Specialist and Communica- tions Specialist for the timely execution of
- Be responsible for contract management for consulting services and the purchase of goods and equipment; ensure the timely execution of contracts for consulting services and the purchase of goods and equipment and monitor timely delivery of contractual obligations by consultants and suppliers. In the case of con- tracts for consultancy services, monitor the timely delivery of reports, timely review and approval of re- ports by the beneficiary agencies and review and approval of invoices for
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Program and work closely with beneficiary agencies in reviewing the Program monitoring and evaluation framework for monitoring results in achiev- ing program
- Contribute to the preparation of presentation materials, newsletters and website contents for communica- tion of Program objectives and implementation
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Program Coordinator or designate.
- A master’s degree in environmental studies, public policy, business administration, finance or
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Government organizations, parastatals and/or donor – funded projects/programs.
- Experience in international projects/programs, especially those financed by the World
- Good understanding of Climate Change and Green Economy initiatives and devolved Government system.
- Good understanding of Locally – Led Climate Change initiatives and community driven
- Excellent analytical, report writing skills and must be computer
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under minimum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to work
Method of Application
Complete Application documents (curriculum vitae with details of your qualifications, experience, day and evening telephone numbers, email address and names of three referees) with Position reference and name clearly marked on top should be emailed or sent to the address below.
Unit Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 30007-00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline for submission of Applications is 9th June, 2020 at 1600 hours Kenyan local time.