- Company: World Bank Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The FCS Africa Initiative aims at enabling and increasing IFC’s engagement (investment and advisory services) in and across Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCS) in Africa. The Initiative covers all the FCS countries in the Africa region.
IFC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Operations Officer to support the regional FCS Manager in further developing and expanding FCS Africa. The Senior Operations Officer, working with industry and sector specialists and other IFC staff, will help develop FCS Africa’s overall strategy for the region, participate in the management of the program, and build and maintain close relationships with all stakeholders (industry departments, donors, etc.).
Duties and Accountabilities
- Play a central role in helping to shape and direct IFCs overall FCS investment and advisory engagement strategy in the Africa region;
- Develop and support the implementation of the overall program strategy for the FCS Africa Program, and contribute to the development of specific strategies in the FCS focus countries;
- Under the leadership of the FCS Manager, coordinate team members’ activities, staff recruitment and lead the on-boarding of staff;
- Resource management: propose budget allocations and monitor cash flow, contribute to fundraising;
- Ensure strict compliance with financial and administrative requirements, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting requirements;
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, including government representatives, donors, private sector agencies, NGOs, financial institutions and the World Bank office;
- Perform periodic reporting and liaison as required with FCS Global, Donors and IFCs Africa management team on programs progress and designated region achievements.
- A post-graduate degree in one or more of the following disciplines: economics/ finance/ business management ideally with 15 years or more field experience;
- Significant private sector development commitment and experience with a successful track record in designing and implementing development programs, preferably in Africa;
- Strong commitment to private sector development in Africa.
- Extensive experience working in a challenging business environment and/or conflict affected countries will be a distinct advantage;
- Self-starter, mature and flexible personality; able to work in a multicultural, fast-paced team environment.
- A team player with outstanding people management skills, ability to work with colleagues from different teams who are not reporting to him/her and achieve outstanding results while meeting tight deadline and maintaining strong client service orientation;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills working with data using standard office software Excel, Word, Powerpoint;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. A good command of French would help
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 17 June, 2020