- Company: Stanbic Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Support Manager, Payments Production Core Services in Optimisation, Improvement and champion performance improvement in Outward Money Transmission by consulting, facilitating, optimising and monitoring of strategic initiatives and processes with the purpose of providing Excellent service to Branches and Business Units while ensuring the following:
– Losses are kept to a minimum.– Routine directives are followed across products under own and the Payments Manager’s control.– Effective management and development of subordinate staff.
Provide leadership in the execution of Client Experience and Shared Services Strategy
- Adhering to telephone etiquette standards.
- Following up on queries and adhering to laid down procedures in this respect.
- Attending to queries turnaround times (48 hours).
- Meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring that work is processed timeously and accurately.
- Adhering to customer requests.
- Educating customers in respect of products and services offered by Payments as and when required.
- Taking ownership of complex, unresolved queries ensuring prompt resolution.
- Ensuring that a high standard of communication with the frontlines is maintained.
- Liaison with various divisions in the bank.
- Marketing and networking with internal and external clients.
- Analysing client’s needs in order to better serve them.
Implement and Monitor Operational Risk Policies and Standards
- Ensuring accurate processing of all transactions.
- Good understanding of T24 Model bank.
- Ensuring that all payments and receipts are processed on value date.
- Ensuring that all due diligent checks have been conducted with regard to compliance.
- Ensuring that subordinate staffs are continually updated on new types of transactions and fan-outs.
- Verify and confirm relevant information on applications and source documents received from clients, in terms of the laid down procedures in respect of fraud prevention.
- Identify potential high-risk aspects within processes, procedures and documentation of transactions.
- Ensure that daily/weekly/monthly checks and scrutiny are completed as required.
Implement Compliance Policies and Standards
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
Manage a team of Payments Officers
- Minimise risk to the bank by maintaining organised and consistent workflows in line with turnaround, cut-off times, deadlines; value dated payments as well as the action of all foreign exchange/ bank trade exception and transaction reports.
- Identify potential high-risk aspects within processes, procedures.
- Influence the implementation of Money Transfers and strategic initiatives and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure that the performance appraisals of subordinate staff are conducted on a quarterly basis.
- Management of subordinate staff work performance and providing regular feedback to staff in this respect.
- Coaching and motivating subordinate staff.
- Delegating work to subordinate staff.
- Disciplining subordinate staff.
- Involvement in the Recruitment process – ensuring that the correct caliber of staff is recruited.
- Identifying training needs of subordinate staff and conducting career development discussions with them.
- Management and monitoring of subordinate staff absenteeism and leave records.
- Monitoring of subordinate staff time management (usage regarding personal e-mails/ private telephone calls) and ensuring that it does not impact negatively on work performance.
- Attending to the house keeping matters of the section.
- Effective handling of conflict management.
- Conducting regular meetings with staff.
Engage with various stakeholders in the Bank and Outside
- Builds and maintain credible and value adding relationships with stakeholders, including executives, peers, internal and external partners.
- Collaborates with other areas through continuous interactions to ensure that best practices are implemented, and a standard approach is followed.
Reporting to various governance committees
- Provide relevant, accurate and timely reporting to senior management, governance committees and the regulator as allocated.
- Partner with business units to oversee the optimization of business processes to increase operational efficiency.
- Identify, implement and evaluate projects that have a medium to high impact on customer experience
- Quality Management System in line with ISO Standards– ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of the International and local Standards.
- Ensure that processes are delivering their intended output by monitoring at every stage in the value chain.
- Report on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion of exceptional client experience throughout the organisation.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
University Graduate majoring in Banking, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related disciplines.Banking experience Exposure to other bank operations is an added advantage 5 – 7 years experience in Opearations support
- Computer Literacy
- Relevant years’ experience in a Funds Transfer environment.
- An in-depth knowledge of Outgoing TTs processing.
- Good knowledge on both T24 model bank.
- An in-depth knowledge of SWIFT and various messages.
- An in-depth knowledge of Nostro Accounts
- Knowledge of basic banking accounting.
- Knowledge of various systems in use at Payments.
- A basic knowledge of the Money Laundering Act
Method of Application
Closing Date : 12 July, 2020